- Data Center Operation
- Working Location – Tseung Kwan O
A leading IT solution provider is looking for Data Center Operation Technician to join their team. The position owns the responsibility of all IT Infrastructure, including customer configurations, within the data center environment ensuring all customer server environments are secure, operational and maintain 99.999% uptime.
- IT cabling patching and patch management
- Access control and security management
- Rack allocation and DC space management
- Hardware installation & decommission of Server/Network/BMS/cables
- Troubleshooting DC Network/Server/BMS Hardware
- Monitoring of DC environment BMS, Serves, Network using monitoring tools
- Report creation as per the requirement DC operations team
- Documentation of activities and create/modify SOPs
- Decommission life cycle of DC hardware
- Inventory process, order replacement parts and return failed parts as required.
- Structured cabling, labelling and troubleshooting of fiber/copper/telecom cables.
- Rack power and rack power distribution unit installation and troubleshooting
- System power supplies and cabling
- Diploma holder or above in Information Technology or related disciplines
- At least 2 years working experience in sizeable Data Centre operations
- Experience with Dell PowerEdge, HP ProLiant rack server & Cisco network hardware preferred
- Work a flexible schedule, 24x7x365 coverage, including holidays and weekends
- Strong written and verbal skills with professional phone etiquette