Position: Business Development and IR Associate
Nature of Business:
The client engages in both therapeutic drug development in the treatment of neurodegenerative disorders (“Therapeutics Division”) and the development, manufacture and global sale of medical and cosmetic-grade aesthetic solutions (“Aesthetics Division”).
Description of Job Duties:
- Support senior management, largely of Therapeutics Division but also potentially in Aesthetics Division, by providing analysis for evaluation of new strategic business opportunities, their underlying science, and commercial implications including:
- IP management and strategy
- Collaborative research and development agreements
- Joint Ventures
- Mergers and Acquisitions / IPOs / Other liquidity events
- Interact with and represent Therapeutics Division vis a vis pharma partners, private equity, venture capital and crossover investors, law firms, accounting firms, IBs, etc.
- Analyze and evaluate potential incubation or investment opportunities
- Execute due diligence for various strategic projects across a range of subjects
- Conduct in-depth market research, pricing analysis, and strategize business plans
- Support fundraising activities of Therapeutics and Aesthetics Division
- Interact with investors and fellow shareholders
- Assist in oversight and development of Analyst and intern skill development and work flow management.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Pharmacology or similar discipline is preferred
- 2 years related work experience preferably with major consulting firm
- Prior exposure to biotech or pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Excellent research, PowerPoint presentation, memoranda creation, financial modelling, and analytical skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with very strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to simultaneously manage and execute multiple, time-sensitive projects
- High level of fluency in both spoken and written English is essential