- Trading floor application support.
- Hands-on with Macro, .Net or Java.
- Up to HK$550K annually.
ABOUT THE CLIENT
Our client is one of the five Chinese Investment Banks with vast range of financial services including securities brokerage, corporate finance, asset management, etc. Due to business expansion, an Application Support Associate is needed to join their growing team with attractive package and accelerated career progression.
- Responsible for providing first line application production support for the equity business, futures trading, or operations, outside working hours if required
- Manage, resolve, and investigate production system issues with system vendors and follow through the cases, mainly focused on equity trading systems, futures systems, settlement back office systems, web portal or business reporting systems
- Plan and execute internal testing for system upgrade with documented result as according to company standards and procedures
- Assist in user acceptance test and execute system deployments
- Gather and analyze system requirement from various user department and translate into business or technical specification
- Provide phone or remote support in non-office hour in case required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Minimum 4-6 years’ experience in first line application support for the equity business, futures trading, or operations. At least 1-year experience is in first line support role using iAsia / Sharp Point / eSunny systems, other brands are preferred
- Working experience in investment bank, brokerage or system vendor is an added advantage
- Sound knowledge of equity / futures trading and settlement system functionality, operation flow, HKEx and global market connectivity (direct or via execution broker) are essential
- Problem solver with experience in dealing with end users and system vendors, problems solving and troubleshooting production issues for the systems
- Exposure to other technical skills and application infrastructure e.g. SQL query, FIX, Windows schedule, VM Ware, application backup, application monitoring and reporting is preferable
- Experience in using bug or issue tracking systems is added advantage
- Hands on development or scripting experience in Macro, .Net or Java are added advantage
- Knowledgeable in new technology, different types of open-source tools, up-to-date programming skills an added advantage
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. All information gathered will be treated in strict confidence and solely used for recruitment purposes.