- Deputy Head of Internal Audit dept.
- Mini. 8-yr internal audit exp. in retail/ corp. banking.
- Strong knowledge of HKMA regulatory requirements.
ABOUT THE CLIENT
Our client is a vibrant Fintech group in Hong Kong with strong partnership with well-established corporations in banking, investment management, corporate financial advisory services, etc.
- Assisting Head of Internal Audit to develop the annual audit plan, audit procedures and audit methodology
- Performing risk assessments of Virtual Bank’s control environment for business lines, operating environment, and supporting functions
- Developing & implementing tools to analyze data to improve audit efficiency and effectiveness, ultimately be a source for analytics that business units adopt to provide business insights or for continuous auditing
- Performing risk-based and regulatory audits covering business lines (e.g. corporate, retail banking business) and support functions (e.g. Anti-money Laundering)
- Possessing expertise in regulatory requirements (e.g. HKMA Supervisory Policy Manuals)
- Following up audit recommendations post-audit, assessing residual risk, validating remedial work performed and documenting and closing issues
- Reviewing Internal Audit’s continuous monitoring program, in order to identify changes to risk assessments, audit plan
- Leading ad hoc independent reviews where required, through participation on advisory engagements / special projects
- Acting as a Team Leader to share knowledge, skills and experience with team members to enhance their professional career development.
- Identifying emerging risks and themes to be reported to management and Audit Committee of Virtual Bank
- University graduates or above in related disciplines
- At least 8 years of solid working experience as a professional auditor or banking business practitioner with core audit and business skills, particularly Corporate Banking / Retail Banking / Risk / Anti-Money Laundering / Customer Due Diligence
- Professional audit qualifications, e.g. CPA, CIA, CFA, CAMS are added advantages
- Good understanding of the banking industry and possess strong technical knowledge
- Sound knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements (e.g. HKMA Supervisory Policy Manuals) and best practices in the industry
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management, and influence change
- Able to work independently and proactively, demonstrating a strong sense of ownership and commitment to deliver quality audits on time
- Confidence to deliver tough messages and engage in difficult conversations
- Quick learner and having strong interests in fintech
- Ability to think critically, objectively and "think outside the box" when analyzing issues and recommending / developing solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. All information gathered will be treated in strict confidence and solely used for recruitment purposes.